During the lifetime of your loan, there are some regulations set down by the State of Florida that your lender must abide by. Important ones include:
- All borrowers must receive a loan agreement which should include the amount to be borrowed and interest rate.
- Interest rates should be inline with those set down by the State of Florida as outlined here by the Office of the Attorney General
- Agreements must also include contact information for the Florida Office of Financial Regulation, which oversees title lenders.
- All lenders must be licensed with the State of Florida.
- You may check for a valid license online here
- Language about potential repossession if loan is not paid should be in the loan agreement.
- No repossession can take place without notice of intent to repossess.
If you feel that your rights as a borrower are being violated when seeking Title Loans in Clearwater FL, you should file a complaint directly with the Florida Office of Financial Regulation, either online at www.flofr.com, or by calling them at (850) 487-9687.
Additionally, you may want to file a report with local law enforcement at the Clearwater Police Department.
Clearwater Chief of Police: Daniel Slaughter
Non-Emergency Phone Number for the Clearwater Police Department: (727) 562-4242